The toksta* chat plugin for BuddyPress makes it easy to add toksta* chat and webcam to your BuddyPress site.
The plugin doesn’t working any more. A new version will be released soon.
- Chat widget, click on an online user to invite to a chat.
- Chatbar, shows friends online, number of users online, set online status (online/offline) etc.
- Localized plugin , makes it easy to translate.
- Site admin control panel.
- BuddyPress (doh!)
- toksta* account (it’s free)
Tested: Using my Mac, the plugin has been tested with
- IE 6.x on Windows XP
- IE 7.x on Windows Vista
- FireFox 3.x and Safari 3.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.6
Version history (change log):
0.93 (Mars 2 2009) NOTE, does not support BuddyPress r1303+, a version supporting r1303+ will be released soon
- Bugfix, fixed bug in ps_bp_toksta_my_friends.php (thanks Miguael)
0.92 (Mars 1 2009)
- Bugfix, max members to show in chat widget
- Moved “max members to show in chat widget” to Site Admin->toksta* configuration
- Updated ps_bp_toksta.po
0.91 (February 27 2009)
- Updated the ps_bp_toksta.po file (previous version was empty, thank you Dan for pointing out this)
0.9 (February 26 2009)
- First public release
- Download the latest zip file and extract the files
- Copy ps_bp_toksta.php to wp-content/mu-plugins
- Copy ps_bp_toksta.po to wp-content/languages
- Copy ps_bp_toksta_my_friends.php to your WordPress MU root folder
- In the BuddyPress dashboard, open Site Admin -> toksta* configuration
- Enter your Application ID and Application Password. You’ll find this in your control panel at toksta* (toksta* chat plugin for BuddyPress will not work until you’ve added the application id and application password).
- Choose Show Site Admin if you want do show site admin in Chat
- In the BuddyPress dashboard, open Apperance -> Widgets (the Chat widget control is only available to the site admin)
- Add the Chat widget to your BuddyPress theme.
- Select Edit and set Maximum number of members to show Moved to Site Admin -> toksta* configuration
- Go to toksta* and configure the chat and chatbar. If you want to display a friends list in the chatbar, on the settings page, select import friends and add http://example.org/ps_bp_toksta_my_friends.php?my_user_id=%userid% (example.org is your BuddyPress site).
Security tips: rename ps_bp_toksta_my_friends.php to “my secret filename”.php
- If you need to translate the plugin, in wp-content/languages:
If you are using the plugin, it would be nice if you posted the url to your site in a comment to this post.