In SharePoint 2010, for security reasons, master pages are not applied to the application pages AccessDenied, Confirmation, Error, Login, RequestAccess, Signout and WebDeleted, instead you’ll have to create a new custom application page and run the power shell command Set-SPCustomLayoutsPage.(source http://live.visitmix.com/MIX10/Sessions/PR02 – a must-see):
Tag: Web Server
Second generation pure .NET web server (written in C#, source available). Based on Cassini Personal Web Server (the one in WebMatrix).
- Run multiple web applications in a single instance of CassiniEx
- CassiniEx loads in system tray
- Supports multiple host headers and ports per web application
- Supports multiple virtual folders
- Each web app has a log file in W3C extended log file format
- Each web app can allow or deny remote connections
- Custom default documents per web app
Why CassiniEx? It’s a useful alternative to IIS for developer machines and possibly lightweight Web service endpoints, since it handles nothing but HTTP traffic, thus eliminating a large amount of IIS’ overhead.