The company I work with just launched
Project Portal Team Portal.
The key features are:
Project Management Office solution – central location to manage multiple projects
- Multi-level project/program management hierarchy
- Portfolio, Program, Project, Sub-Project
- Customizable in terms of project levels, naming and the amount of process involved at each level
- Cross project reports
- At each level of hierarchy
- For project collections across the various hierarchies
Pre built, standards-based templates to get you on the right road quickly
- Issue Manager
- This template is designed for projects where you just want to “manage by exception” by only tracking issues related to the project and not details related to actions, tasks, deliverables, etc.
- Commitment Manager
- The Commitment – Issue – Action template is useful for a semi-structured project where you want to manage more than the issues by adding in goal and task lists, but you do not need a fully structured site with a more extensive process.
- Business Project Manager
- This template is useful for a range of departments to run their projects including sales, marketing, engineering, etc. It provides a well-defined structure that can be easily customized to meet the specific process and taxonomy for each department and project.
- IT Project Manager
- This is a highly structured template that bakes in the Microsoft Solutions Framework v3 to provide a robust process for managing IT projects such as system implementations and upgrades. It includes a pre-defined hierarchy of phases, milestones, deliverables, tasks, issues, and risks.
- Agile Software Manager
- This is a fully structured template that includes support for the most common agile process and deliverables for the various project iterations (personas, scenarios etc). This approach is based on the iterative-agile model contained in MSF v4..
Rich project management processes and elements
- Key project management elements included:
- Project statement, roles, teams, risk, issues, tasks, etc.
- Every process element has project management features added
- Including reference numbering, push notification to assignees, and custom alerts
- Each element is modifiable in its own right
- Process elements can be connected in parent-child type relationships
Rich reporting provides visibility to all levels in the organization
- Pre-defined views for each project management process element including Gantt charts
- Cross-list work reports for each project template so the team members know what to do
- Examples: team member work, my work, and upcoming work
- Variety of convenient distribution methods
- Printable, Excel - dynamic link or static export, email - on demand or scheduled
- Reports are easily modifiable by end users without IT support
- New reports can be created leveraging pre-built reports and some XML coding
- Report data is exportable to SQL Server Reporting Services for advanced analysis
Securely collaborate and communicate across the extended team
- Document management – share project documents centrally and use version control to make sure the entire team has the most current information and plans
- Alerts – keep team members aware of work assignments, e.g., tasks, or be notified when items change
- Role-based security – assign groups and individuals to appropriate roles on the project team, ensuring they can take appropriate actions and see appropriate information for their role
- Tight integration with Microsoft Live Meeting and implemented solutions for planning, setting up, conducting and archiving phone and video conferences directly from your project room gives you added control of your project