UPDATE: The 1080i 50P ProRes file is available as a torrent (NOTE, it's a 246GB file !)
Friday November 27th over 1,4 million Norwegians watched parts of “Bergensbanen” on NRK2. The longest documentary ever? At least the longest we have made, almost 7 1/2 hours, showing every minute of the scenic train ride between Bergen on the Norwegian west coast, crossing the mountains to the capital of Oslo.
.. source: http://nrkbeta.no/2009/12/18/bergensbanen-eng/
To wet your appetite, here’s a 10 minute video, from Finse:
- 7 hours continues front view recording.
- Recorded on a Sony 700 camera in XDCAM HD 1080 50i.
- Available as 720 50P, 1280×720 version, 22 GB file, and as a 1080i 50P ProRes file (NOTE, it's a 246GB file !)
- Released under Creative Commons
- Filming for Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back took place at Finse in 1979 to represent Echo Base on the planet Hoth.
For more information, and the download, head over to http://nrkbeta.no/2009/12/18/bergensbanen-eng/