Please use the comments field below if you find bugs, typos etc.
- Settings page (Settings->Read Offline)
- Read Offline widget (output shown in the image above)
- Read Offline shortcode
- You can download a pdf, epub or mobi file containing the current post or page (you have to add the Read Offline widget to see the download links)
- The download filename is based on the posts slug (
- Adds meta data to the file
- Title (PDF, ePub and mobi)
- Author (PDF, ePub and mobi)
- Subject (mobi)
PHP1implode(' ,',array_map("get_cat_name", wp_get_post_categories($post->ID)))
- Publisher (ePub)
PHP1setPublisher(get_bloginfo( 'name' ), get_bloginfo( 'url' ))
- Identifier (uPub)
- Source URL (ePub)
- Language (ePub)
PHP1$iso6391 = ( '' == get_locale() ) ? 'en' : strtolower( substr(get_locale(), 0, 2) );
- Title (PDF, ePub and mobi)
- Option: Add download links to the top and bottom of a post or page.
- Permalink support (/read-offline/”postid”/”post-name”.”type”). I’ve written a how-to add permalink to plugins guide.
- Option: Add a custom style to the ePub and PDF file
- Option: Google Analytics read-offline event tracking. You can find these under Content » Events in your Google Analytics reports. Assumes you’re using the Asynchronous version of Google Analytics.
- languages/read-offline.po for easy translation.
To-do / Wish List
- Bookmark posts
- Export post / page as Word (.docx)
- Add unique headers/footers
- more ? Please post a comment if you have any suggestions
There are 3 ways you can add the Read Offline link
- At the top or bottom of each post and/or page (See Settings->Read Offline)
- Using the Read Offline widget
- Using the
- format=”epub”, default: format=”pdf,epub,mobi”
- text=”Read %title offline:”, default: text=””.
%title%will be replaced with the post or page title
- icononly=”true”, default=”false”
[readoffline]is the same as
[readoffline text="" format="pdf,epub,mobi" icononly="false"]
[readoffline text="Download %title%:" format="epub"]
The plugin is using the following libraries
- Epub , License: GNU LGPL, Attribution required for commercial implementations, requested for everything else.
- Zip, License: GNU LGPL, Attribution required for commercial implementations, requested for everything else.
- phpMobi, License: Apache license (version 2.0)
- mpdf, License: GNU General Public License version 2
The plugin is using the following icons
- PDF icon from the Fugue Icons set by Yusuke Kamiyamane, released under a Creative Commons attribution license
- ePub and mobi icons by Doug Smith, also released under a Creative Commons attribution license
- Fixed a bug in permalinks that gave 404 for blogs in a subdirectory. Also removed code that gave error when downloading an ePub.
- Added Google Analytics read-offline event tracking. You can find these under Content » Events in your Google Analytics reports. Assumes you’re using the Asynchronous version of Google Analytics
- Minor bug fix
- Added the option to add custom css to PDF
- In Settings->Read Offline, added the option to add custom css to EPub
- Added languages/read-offline.po for easy translation.
- Added permalink support (/read-offline/”postid”/”post-name”.”type”). I’ve written a how-to add permalink to plugins guide
- removed the obsolete download.php
- epub will now validate against http://www.epubconversion.com/ePub-validator-iBook.jsp
- Added language variable to the epub file, ISO 639-1 two letter tag based on the WordPress get_locale()
- Fix typo in download.php, was including “Epub.inc.php”, correct is “EPub.inc.php”
- Bugfix, v0.1.0 will give you “gray screen of death”, so please upgrade to this version
- Added the Read Offline shortcode
- Added, in Settings->Read Offline, option to add Read Offline to top and/or bottom of post and page
- Filename based on the posts slug
- Added meta data
- Initial release